You are here
Class Fp List
This is FIPS Class Fp List, click class to browse detail.
FIPS Class Codes
- H1: identifies an active county or statistically equivalent entity that does not qualify under subclass C7 or H6.
- H4: identifies a legally defined inactive or nonfunctioning county or statistically equivalent entity that does not qualify under subclass H6.
- H5: identifies census areas in Alaska, a statistical county equivalent entity.
- H6: identifies a county or statistically equivalent entity that is areally coextensive or governmentally consolidated with an incorporated place, part of an incorporated place, or a consolidated city.
- C7: identifies an incorporated place that is an independent city; that is, it also serves as a county equivalent because it is not part of any county, and a minor civil division (MCD) equivalent because it is not part of any MCD.